Monster: A Review {of sorts}

MonsterCoverHalf

   There is always a book that sticks with you, that you doubt that you'll ever forget.
   This is one of those books.
   Now, despite the rather creepy cover (my neighbor told me she thought it looked just downright demonic) this is such a lovely Christian book.
   It's a story of tragedy, romance, redemption, thrills, and tea.
   A book isn't a book until tea is mentioned somewhere.

   When this book first came out, I didn't know Mirriam yet.
   I knew who she was, and that we had a mutual friend.
   My friend Ashley told me all about how good it was, and how she sobbed over it, and how it was in her Top Three Most Amazing Books of All Time.
   So, naturally, I was interested.
   I love a good book recommendation.
   But I didn't really know Mirriam until I started this blog, and I was looking for other blogs to follow.
   So I followed hers.
   It's a lovely blog.

   And then she started posting snippets of one of her projects, Paper Crowns.
   And I fell in love with her writing.
   She invited me to beta read it, and naturally, I accepted.
   And I loved every second of that book.

   So, last Saturday, Ashley and I went to see Desolation of Smaug, which was splendiferous.
   Partially because of Benedict Cumberbatch.
   But anyway.
   She brought Monster with her.
   And she let me borrow it.
   I read it in two days.
   And it addressed so many issues that I was never sure how to address.
   The whole thing about abortion made sense now, and I understood so much more about humans in general.
   And Meva is the best ship ever.
   Just sayin'.

   It was just...too amazing for words.
   I wuved it.

   You can buy Monster here.

Kitty has to go,
Grace Anna Rose

Comments