TFI Autumn Reading Mission: Read Something Spooky

“Now this is the point. You fancy me mad. Madmen know nothing. But you should have seen me. You should have seen how wisely I proceeded –with what caution –with what foresight –with what dissimulation I went to work! I was never kinder to the old man than during the whole week before I killed him."   ~Goodreads
via

   Hi, everyone!   This week, The Fangirl Initiative announced this fall's reading challenge!   Since I missed this summer's challenge, I decided to participate.   Today, I read something spooky.   I first read The Tale Tell Heart when I was in elementary school, which was a bad idea.   (I had nightmares for a LONG time after that.)   When I had to revisit it later, I was less than enthused.   However, this is possibly the pinnacle of scary stories, and one of the best examples of classic horror by far.   (Of course, I haven't finished Frankenstien yet, so I can't be sure.   ☺)

     The Tell Tale Heart is the story of a caretaker who is driven insane by the cataract in his employer's eye.   He kills the employer and hides him under the boards in the floor.   When being investigated, he fancies he hears the thumping of the employer's heart underneath the boards.   He confesses that he killed the man.   The story is the man trying to prove that he has not gone mad.


Comments

  1. I've read that! I'm not a huge horror fan, but I like Poe's writing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, but it still gives me the creeps. *shivers* XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Please feel free to speak your mind!