TFI Autumn Reading Mission: Re-Read A Favorite Book

"I still have a soul."   ~Goodreads

(it's signed, btw.   be jelly.)
   Every time I start to review this book, I feel like a need a disclaimer.   Being that Mirriam and I are friends, some think I'm just trying to help her sell books when I praise it repeatedly.   Truly, I'm not.   I am obsessed with this book, and would probably still be obsessed with it even if Stephanie Meyer wrote it.   (Not that she could've written this well, though.)
    Monster is the story of Eva, a doctor who is desperately attempting to find a cure for Morbus, a terrible plague that killed her family.   The cure is being researched on people who are considered nonhuman: people who were born human but are somehow not considered "up to par" with everyone else.   When Eva gets promoted to Handler, she experiments on the subjects firsthand and begins to discover dark secrets that had been hidden from the public eye.


Comments