TFI Autumn Reading Mission: Read Something With Less Than 300 Pages

"She felt like a tiger in a cage, trying to burst free." ~Goodreads


     Another Tuesday, another TFI reading challenge.   ☺   Today, I read Nim's Island by Wendy Orr.   I was a big fan of the movie when I was younger.   I watched it all the time!   I was disappointed about the newer film (which I own but haven't watched, haha) because of the recasting (of EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER.).   That is, until last week when I made this discovery (which I posted about on Facebook):

(I'm a huge Bindi Irwin fan.   Don't judge.)
     Nim's Island is the story of a young girl, Nim, who lives on an island all alone with her father, Jack.   Jack is a scientist who particularly enjoys studying plankton.   When a storm hits while Jack is away researching, Nim is left all alone on the island with only her animal friends to protect her.   When Alex Rover, the adventure writer, discovers that Nim is all alone, he (or is it she?) must take action.


Comments