Busy Bee

It's been a long 20 years.
What's that? It's only been 3 months?
You sure?
Okay, let me restart.

It's been a long 3 months.

August

I came straight from helping organize a cousin's wedding to being a student full time. I say that because it makes school sound like what it really is: a job. Senior year is hectic, you guys. I also began studying for Reading Choir, and since you don't know what that is, I'll explain. Florida All-State High School Honor Choir is divided into 3 parts: Reading Choir, Concert Choir, and Women's/Men's Choirs. Reading Choir is super hard to get into, and being an overachiever, I was determined to make it. Plus, one of the perks of making Reading Choir is that I only had to take 2 tests instead of the usual 3. My parents got me some lessons to help me prepare and I was working hard to get to where I needed to be. Besides choir, I have 5 school subjects this year, two of which are VERY difficult (Advanced Mathematics and Chemistry). Plus, a potential vehicle possibility forced me to really start looking hard for part time jobs. (Well, that and the college payments that are looming over me at the moment.)

September

I got a short break on Labor Day weekend to visit my aunt and uncle in Alabama. It's always fun when we go to see them. While gone, I got to catch up on my reading and enjoyed the sunny weather while it was still hanging around. The next week, I had my two All State tests. The first one, a written Musicianship exam, didn't go as well as I hoped. However, I was reassured that the written test would have no impact on making Reading Choir, so I tried not to worry too much. A day later, I had to take my Sightreading test. This was essentially the audition for Reading Choir, and I felt like I totally bombed it. A good cry and a couple stress filled hours later, I discovered that I made 37 out of 40 on my test, so I tried to not worry about it anymore. Two weeks later, the choir list was released and I was not on it. I was disappointed, but to make my teacher feel better I pretended that I was looking forward to Concert Choir (which I would surely make with my good test scores) and tried to get my frustration with the process out of my mind. Two days later, I'm doing some blog work and I get a phone call from my teacher with some news: they missed my name and I was in the choir after all. It was hard to believe, but it was true! No more tests! Besides All State, I auditioned for another honor choir the same day I tested for Sightreading.

October

We went back up to Alabama to visit my aunt and uncle again. While there, I received the news that I made the honor choir I tried out for! Yay! However, the music wasn't coming in and wasn't coming in. I just got the music, you guys. The choir's next week. HA. Ain't no way I'm learning all that stuff in a week. I also finished applying to my first college and I'll get a decision soon after I finish all of my transcript/FAFSA/CSS stuff. (Aka soon after my mom finishes it. I don't know what I'd do without her helping me. It's so confusing!) My choir is doing a fundraiser, school's getting more intense, and I'm so out of it. I don't remember things people told me five seconds ago, and I can barely manage to keep up with everything. You know it's bad when going to the city to be in rehearsals for hours on end sounds like a break. :P

What's coming up in November?

Firstly, honor choir. That'll last three days. On the third day I'm going to go hang out with some friends that live nearby, then I'm going to tour the college I recently applied at. My cousin and my aunt are both having babies, though I'm not sure if we'll get to see either baby soon after they're born. Someone from church is getting married and I may help with that if I can. Then, THANKSGIVING!! Thankgiving's my favorite time of year. I'll get a good long break from school then. ☺ I hope that's as eventful as the month gets. If a flu shot, a dentist appointment, and at least one good movie theater visit happen as well, I sure won't protest. (I just realized what a health freak statement that was and I apologize for my weirdness. ☺)

Comments

  1. Congratulations on being accepted into both choirs! That is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aighmi! I'm excited, if a little stressed. ☺

      Delete
  2. That is totally understandable! Your schedule is stressing me out, a little! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope November is a great month for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Please feel free to speak your mind!