Fear


As a Christian, I am constantly reminded by Jesus, "Do not be afraid."

Sometimes, especially today, I disobey.

I'm afraid of what a president who openly supported rape will mean for rape culture.

I'm afraid of what a president who openly demoralized women will mean for my future.

I'm afraid of what a president who wants to create barriers between our allies will mean for our foreign policies.

I'm afraid of what a president who demoralized black people will mean for our neighbors and friends.

I'm afraid of what a president who said he wanted all Muslim people to leave will mean for religious freedom.

I'm unsure of what comes next. I'm scared. Am I safe?

I'm sorry for disobeying you, Jesus. Can you please show me the way? Can you give me hope?

I'm afraid.

Comments

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Please feel free to speak your mind!