Life Update (aka rambling post)

'Sup.
A lot of things.

I went to state choir, and it was a lot of fun. I think I enjoyed last year's experience better probably because I actually made friends last year, but I still had a great time. I learned a lot and the convention center and the mall were both fun and I got some cool things.

I've known about this for a while, but I haven't posted about it. My class is putting on Beauty and the Beast in the spring, and I got the role of Belle! I'm totally shocked and honored. We started rehersals this week and it went pretty well for a first rehearsal! I'm going to work as hard as I can to get this role right.

Speaking of work, I got my first job! I'm working every morning in a local flower shop. I do whatever they need me to do. So far, I have cleaned flowers, filled buckets with water, watered plants, swept the floor, learned how to use the cash register and credit card machine, filled out sympathy cards, delivered plants, organized odds and ends, and filled bags with candy for Valentine's Day. I just started this week and I'm think I'm getting the hang of it pretty quickly. Everyone there is super nice and they're super patient with me as I'm learning all this stuff.

My choir director registered me today for something called Solo and Ensemble, where I'll sing two solos for a judge and the judge will give me a grade. I've done it three times before and I did pretty well, and I really like the songs I picked. I will use the same songs from that for scholarship auditions (!!!) so that I can have a professional's feedback before I audition at college. I'm excited to recieve some critisism and I'm allowed to have a few friends come with me, so it's not scary.

I finished my science and English classes for the year, which leaves literature, history, and advanced math. I only have 5 more lessons until I can stop math, but I'm very bad at it and I'm super busy with work and practice and solos, so it may take a while. After I finish, I'll start studying for CLEP testing. I want to eliminate the two math classes I need at college so they'll be out of the way. I really don't want to take math in college. 😞

As for my spare time? I'm wrecking my Wreck This Journal (it's Disney themed!) and I may do a post showing you what I've got so far in that. I'm bullet journaling (which is SUPER fun and handy) and I'm watching Doctor Who for the first time. I started with Nine, and I am POSITIVE that he's my favorite. I'm enjoying Ten, but every so often I'm just like, "This episode would be better with Nine in it instead." But that's me, crushing on Nine. After I finish everything, I'll probably go back allllllllll the way back with One and go all the way through to Twelve. This will take a while. Luckily, I always watch while doing something (like cleaning my room or studying) or else I'd get NOTHING done. 😂

Anyways, it's late and I have work in the morning. (It's so nice to be able to say that.) TTFN, my marshmallows. 🐶

Comments

  1. Our homeschool group is doing Beauty and the Beast too! I missed the auditions, and I'm aging out of the group, so I'm just helping the director and filling in minor parts, but it's so much fun!
    Also, wait til you get to Eleven. He's so pure. My favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! You must have a big homeschool group. Ours is too small to do stuff like that. XD I'm getting closer to Eleven! I'm going through episodes very quickly. XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Please feel free to speak your mind!