Senior Trip Day One: Epcot

Hello, everyone! I recently returned from my senior trip to Disney World! Since I'm a forgetful person and I like to remember what I did on trips, I decided to start a series of posts on my adventures. Enjoy!

When the park opened, we headed straight to The Seas. This was a good decision because almost EVERYONE headed straight to The Land for Soarin', so The Seas was practically empty! We rode the Finding Nemo ride first, which was a lot of fun. Then, we explored the aquarium while we waited for Turtle Talk with Crush to open. We saw a lot of cool creatures! My favorite animals were the dolphins and the manatees, but we also saw morays, starfish, and, of course, blue tang and clown fish. When Turtle Talk opened, there were only four other kids (besides my 4-year-old sister), and only one of them was talkative, but Crush did a good job of keeping the conversation going.

After Turtle Talk, we explored the store, then headed over to The Land. We rode Living with the Land (a family favorite) first, then Soarin' Around the World. Soarin' had changed since my last visit, and I really enjoyed it! My favorite scene was over a savanna in Africa (I'm assuming, because of the wildlife featured). I thought it was neat that we could smell the dirt. 😆

When we got out of The Land, we had a little while before we had to go to Journey into Imagination with Figment. We were going to do the Pixar Short Film Festival, but we didn't want to have to wait that long. Instead, we went to the Mouse Gear store and shopped for a bit. Then we went to Figment! I loved that ride, and the store afterward as well. Figment is my spirit animal.

After that, we ate lunch. We brought our own lunch into the parks and there was a nice air conditioned area with tables that we were able to eat at. It happened to be near Club Cool, the CocaCola store, so after we finished eating we went and sampled the interesting sodas from other countries. My family's favorite was Bibo from South Africa, a kiwi melon drink. The most unpopular flavor (according to the people surrounding me), Beverly from Italy, was actually my personal favorite! My little sister was very tired and overwhelmed with everything, so my mom took her back to our hotel for a nap and my dad stayed with my brother and me.

Since our next ride was not for a while, I convinced the two of them to walk all the way to France in the World Showcase to let me meet Belle. We got there just in time; a cast member told us we'd be the last to meet her in the line! It was a pretty long wait, but nothing crazy. I think we waited about twenty minutes. I was so excited to see her! I got her to sign my Disney themed Wreck This Journal and I told her that I was playing Belle in my school play. She was super nice. Then, we walked alllll the way back to Spaceship Earth, the first ride I was going on that I hadn't ridden before. I really liked it! It was a really neat ride. I didn't like the little video they tried to make, however, and the ride stuck twice. Oh, well. 😆

I really wanted to try Strawberry-Red Bean Ice Cream, so after we finished Spaceship Earth, we walked through the countries so we could stop by China and get some. The ice cream was very good! I've wanted to try it ever since I was little. Next, we poked around the stores in Germany. I got to meet Snow White here! Snow White is my favorite Disney princess.

After this, we walked through the rest of the countries and occasionally looked in a store or two. My mom wanted us to wait and go on The Gran Fiesta Tour with her, but since we were out of things to do we decided to go on it and we'd ride it again with her when she came back. Unfortunately, the ride got stuck and we had to wait at least 20 minutes to get going. Whenever we got off the ride, we met up with my mom and sister in the World Showcase and headed back to Mexico to ride it again. By the time it was over, we were all pretty tuckered out and sore, so we decided to go back to our hotel and then get dinner.

Stay tuned for Day Two! Bye bye, my marshmallows! 🐶

Comments